Make-ups! Who really doesn’t wear one? I don’t think there is someone out there who has a stable job but doesn’t wear ANY makeup at all; even the ones without work does! But despite of it being so basic and essential, there is a vast selection and varieties that makes it hard for every woman out there to choose.What is really good for you is something only you can decide on.
I was lucky that there is a Sephora Shop near my place and I could just drop by anytime to pick anything! It’s like a department store for make-ups and skin care essentials. So heavenly!
So, I did a little bit of research and here are my top picks. I’m hoping it could help you in some way. Don’t hesitate to message me if you have questions or whatevers!
1. Primer – Well, totalbeauty.com once stated that “Not to Prime is a Crime!” and I certainly believe them. It is important because it smooths out the surface of your skin filling in the very fine lines that avoids streaks, visibility of pores and flaking.
I bought Smashbox’s Photo Finish Primer and it was so awesome. I needed to attend a wedding and I usually use foundations on these special occasions and this product really made my makeup long lasting and fresh-looking.
2. BB Cream – I thank God for letting the one who invented this product be born into this world! This wonder cream is making my whole life so easy! It’s a primer, moisturizer, foundation, sunscreen and gives your face a healthy glow.
I’m a huge fan of Korean BB Creams and I currently use Etude House’s Collagen Moistfull BB Cream as my everyday base. I also use the same skin care line and I’m definitely happy about the results. My skin is always well moist and fresh. NOTE: When I use BB Cream, I tend to skip applying the Primer as it only works well for me when I use it with powder foundations.
3. Concealers – Totally common but which one is the best? As for me, it’s Laura Mercier’s Secret Camouflage. Celebrity makeup artists call it the godfather of concealers and I really believe so. It’s thick and opaque making it easy for you to blend and cover.
4. Loose/Pressed Powder – For me, this one is for re-touching in midday just when your face gets a little bit oily. With this purpose, I use Clinique Blended Face Powder and I apply it using a brush.
5. Fixing Spray – According to professional makeup artists, this one is necessary to set the makeup and prolongs the hold. I’ve never really found one here yet. But they say, Kryolan, MAC, Make Up Forever have these.
6. Translucent Powder – I’ve only got to use one for a party that I wanted to make my skin look like it has tiny glitters on it, something sheer. It’s something like a Pressed Powder but it’s translucent and it doesn’t affect the color of your skin tone.
I’ve tried ELF Matifying and it was okay, but as I went around Sephora, I found Guerlain’s Meteorites Pearl and it has a very cute packaging! I wanted to get one but it is just too pricey. It is still on my bucket list!
7. Blushes – I’m really not into blushes that much, I only wear them depending on the venue and the event for the day. I use NARS’ Cream Blush and it’s just perfect.
8. Mascara – I have a very short and few lashes that’s why I mostly depend on mascaras that I don’t go out without it. I’ve tried various brands and nothing comes close to Cover Girl’s Lash Blast but since it’s not readily available here in Doha, I tried looking for more and I found NARS’ Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara. It did the job for me.
9. Neutral Eye Shadows – In reality, I can’t find the time to really wear one everyday. But these are still handy for those days that you just have the extra time. I’ve always kept Cover Girl’s Eye Enhancers in my make up kit.
10. Eyeliner – Together with my mascara, this is also a must-have. I’ve always looked for the perfect eyeliners as much as I searched for the perfect mascaras and I’ve found it in the grocery store. Maybelline’s Colossal is the best I’ve seen yet.
11. Eyebrows – Some may have disregarded shaping their brows but this is important too as it gives our face that outline that perfects the look. For this, I’ve used ELF’s Eyebrow kit and Etude House’s Drawing Eye Pencil and they are just perfect for the job!
12. Lipsticks – Last but definitely not the least, lipsticks! I got my plump lips from my dad and it’s just wonderful to put all shades and color all the time. You can usually find a MAC or Clinique lipstick in one of my bags and some gloss from NARS and Victoria’s Secret!